Whether you have a brand new TomTom Go Basic device or have been using one for a long time, if you are looking for the steps to update TomTom maps in your device, then you have come to the right place. In this article, we will discuss the steps to update TomTom maps in TomTom Go Basic and successfully perform your Tomtom Sat Nav update. For assistance and support, contact TomTom Support at +44-808-196-8120.
TomTom Go Basic is an affordable Sat Nav that helps you navigate through the routes with proper and reliable guidance. With excellent features like traffic updates, precautions and warnings, easy message reading from your smartphones, built-in Wifi, free map updates, among others, TomTom Go Basic is an ideal companion for your journeys.
If you need assistance with the TomTom Sat Nav update or with any problems related to TomTom Go Basic, contact TomTom Support at +44-808-196-8120.
How to update TomTom maps in TomTom Go Basic
TomTom Go Basic makes it very easy to update TomTom maps using its built-in Wifi. You can easily update your device using your Wifi, without connecting to the computer. That makes it very easy to update TomTom Go Basic on the go. Of course, you have the option to update using your computer too. We will provide the detailed steps to update TomTom maps in TomTom Go Basic using all the methods.
If you need assistance or support to update TomTom maps, contact TomTom Support UK +44-808-196-8120.
How to install TomTom Go Basic Map update using WiFi Connection
- First, connect to your Wifi network. Go to the Main Menu, select Settings, and then select Wi-Fi.
- Select the Wi-Fi network that you want to connect to. If the Wifi network is secure then you will need a password. If not, then you will be connected straight away.
- Whenever there are new updates available you will see a red exclamation mark in the Settings icon.
- To check for map updates, go to ‘Updates & New Items.’
- You will see a list of updates available for your device. Select the updates that you want to install and click ‘Update Now.’
- Sign in to your TomTom account when prompted.
- Once the updates have been downloaded, the installation process will begin. When you update TomTom maps, the new map will be installed and the old map will automatically be deleted.
How to install TomTom Go Basic Map update using Mydrive Connect
- Connect your TomTom device to your computer using a USB cable. It is advisable to shut down your device before connecting to the computer. Turn on the device after you have connected it.
- Open myDrive Connect and wait for it to recognize your device. Enter your email and password to sign in to MyDrive Connect, if prompted.
- Once myDrive Connect recognizes your device, it will automatically look for updates and sync changes from your device.
- To look for changes or new updates available for TomTom Go Basic, you can either go to the “My Content” or “View Updates” option.
- The window named ‘My Updates and New Items’ will show all the recent updates available for your device. Select the updates that you wish to install and click ‘Update Selected.’
- Once the download is complete, your new updates will be successfully installed.
How to install TomTom Go Basic Map update using TomTom Home
- Connect your TomTom device to your computer using a USB cable. It is advisable to shut down your device before connecting to the computer.
- TomTom Home application will launch after it recognizes your device.
- Select the ‘Update my Device’ option present on the home screen of the TomTom Home application.
- Click on Download Updates. All the latest updates will be downloaded.
- Click on Done & disconnect your device. Your TomTom Maps Update is complete.
There are many errors and problems that you may encounter while performing the TomTom Sat Nav update. Here is a list of common problems that you may face when updating TomTom Go Basic and the ways to resolve them. If you need assistance with troubleshooting TomTom Go Basic errors, contact TomTom Support at +44-808-196-8120.
Common errors and troubleshooting steps for TomTom Go Basic Updates
- The computer doesn’t recognize your device
If you are unable to connect your device to your computer, then try the following troubleshooting steps-
Ensure that you have connected the USB cable directly to the device and aren’t using a USB port or hub.
ii. Ensure that you are using the TomTom’s USB cable that came with the device and not any other third party cables.
- Not enough free space in your device
For updating your device, you must have the required free space in your device. Always check the availability of space in your device before installing the update. You can either free up the required space, download a smaller version of the map, or use an SD card.
- Corrupted map
If your map is corrupted, it will be listed as Corrupted under the My Maps section. Most of the time, this problem is created due to issues with Internet connectivity.
Check if your Internet connection is stable and start the update only if it is so.
ii. Ensure that you are downloading updates using your personal computer. Work or public computers may have security systems in place that leads to conflicts while downloading updates.
- Installation failed
Most of the time, this issue is related to a poor or unstable Internet connection. Hence, before you start with the installation process ensure that the Internet connection is good and stable.
Along with that ensure that you are downloading updates using your personal computer.
You may encounter many errors and problems with your TomTom Go Basic device. If you need assistance with diagnosing and troubleshooting your device, contact TomTom Support at +44-808-196-8120.